Butopia is a Sanctuary for Embodied Arts practice & performance in nature located on beautiful Whidbey Island in the Pacific Northwest USA. We offer a range of services and products to support a life of dancing and living freely and sustainably in harmony with self, other and natural world. We encourage everyBODY to participate in the wealth of wildness; nourishment of connection and education & support of a loving community.
Butopia is the home of:
- 11-sided SOMA: Sanctuary of Moving Arts
- Ongoing Classes, Workshops, Performances, Gatherings & Retreats
- Daily Exploration & Development of Sustainable Solutions for LIVING in a BODY on EARTH.
- Dream Crafter Shop: Fine works in wood, metal & machinery
- MomoButoh Dance Company (see details about joining our company )
- Personal Embodied Arts Retreats
- Guest Artist Residencies
- Cozy Guest Cabin & Caravan
- Tent Cabin & Earth Camping Spaces
- Outdoor Kitchen & Fire Ring
- Organic Vegetable Gardening
Nearby water view Hostel with group & private rooms also available for overnight stays.
The group blog is co-created & authored by the MomoButoh Dance Company “Inner Circle” team of member/practitioners. It is the external blossoming of a deep-rooted and long developing inner practice. With the guidance and facilitation of Artistic Director, Maureen “momo” Freehill MFA, this company grew from the hearts, bodies and souls of a committed group of individual artists. In the tradition of Maureen’s long time sensei (mentor) Kazuo Ohno, each of us seeks to engage in soulful creativity, communication and transformation through our butoh dance offerings to the world. We have vowed to intimately unite our dance practices with all aspects of our daily cycles of life & death. We hope you will subscribe to this blog as a gateway into our thriving community and consider diving in and becoming an active member yourself. We invite you to join our ongoing training, projects and performances that enrich our lives and world with the good, true and beautiful. Feel free to contact Maureen “momo” anytime for a free introductory MomoButoh Dance session (in person, by phone or skype) to explore whether this might be part of YOUR path of LifeArt Mastery.