More About Our Company
Butopia is a Sanctuary for Embodied Arts practice & performance in nature located on beautiful Whidbey Island in the Pacific Northwest USA. We offer a range of services and products to support a life of dancing and living freely and sustainably in harmony with self, other and natural world. We encourage everyBODY to participate in the wealth of wildness; nourishment of connection and education & support of a loving community.
Butopia is the home of:
- 11-sided SOMA: Sanctuary of Moving Arts
- Ongoing Classes, Workshops, Performances, Gatherings & Retreats
- Daily Exploration & Development of Sustainable Solutions for LIVING in a BODY on EARTH.
- Dream Crafter Shop: Fine works in wood, metal & machinery
- MomoButoh Dance Company (see details about joining our company )
- Personal Embodied Arts Retreats
- Guest Artist Residencies
- Cozy Guest Cabin & Caravan
- Tent Cabin & Earth Camping Spaces
- Outdoor Kitchen & Fire Ring
- Organic Vegetable Gardening
Nearby water view Hostel with group & private rooms also available for overnight stays.Read More
Recent Blog Posts
January 28, 2012 |
You know how when you just wake up and know you have been dreaming but can not quite recall what? This happens to...
July 7, 2011 |
After completing a water ceremony at the delta of Oyster Creek just before the sun set, the frogs were...
June 11, 2011 |
“Make me sweet again Fragrant and wild And thankful For any small thing.” -Rumi Our current theme...
May 31, 2011 |
This post is dedicated to this dreamy dancing life and some key performances that have arisen from soul,...
May 4, 2011 |
i am in love with discovering my significant others. a tire swing teaches me balance a blade of grass and...